Date: 9/1/17 8:12 pm
From: Marshall Weber <mjweber478...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Brandon Farm and Taff Rds 9/1/17 - Black-necked Stilt
Hi All,

I had a pretty good afternoon at Brandon Farm and Taff roads with 10 shorebird species total. Highlights included three STILT SANDPIPERS and close-up views of an AMERICAN KESTREL. After a quick visit to Taylorsville Sod Farm and a 20-minute spurt of rain, I returned to Brandon Farm for about 45 minutes. While the stilt sandpipers seemed to have moved to a different pond or left altogether, I did see (and hear) a BLACK-NECKED STILT fly by me and land out of sight behind the open-air structure opposite the road from the cattle troughs on Taff Rd. The bird may have gone down to roost for the night or could have taken off sometime after - it is tough to say. My checklists are below if anyone is interested.

First list:
https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38944530 <https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38944530>
video of STSA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124368067@N05/36161962763/in/dateposted-public/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/124368067@N05/36161962763/in/dateposted-public/>

Second list: