Date: 9/1/17 6:06 pm
From: Christopher Hill <Chill...>
Subject: Re: binoculars
[gonna reply to the group, sorrry]

So many good options in that price range these days!

Eagle Optics rangers, with ED glass, $320 or so. I use them. I hear that the Vortex mid-priced ones are excellent, I also hear that about the Nikon Monarchs are great - I guess the Monarch 7s are a step up from the still servicable Monarch 5s?

Anyway, in that price range you have multiple options with ED glass and waterproofing. And those are the three brands I hear recommended most often (though there are probably others that also are good).

Eagle Opticcs and Nikon I have dealt with with returns and both have been super duper customer friendly and helpful.

Good luck!

Chris Hill
Conwayhh, SC
> On Sep 1, 2017, at 8:50 PM, steve stevens <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>
> hello,
> my binoculars took a turn, and im in the market for new ones. while i know the nice ones are in the 1200-2500 dollar range, i was curious if anyone had recommendations on some decent binoculars in the <$500 range, or had some used binoculars they would be interested in parting with. i was using celestron natureDX and was happy with them until the lens started fogging up.
> please respond off list. thanks!
> steve, durham/chapel hill nc

Join us on Facebook!