Date: 9/1/17 5:04 pm
From: raqbirds via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] another day another flock

A different day and a different bunch of birds.

The blustery conditions did not seem to bother them, or perhaps they were seeking shelter, food, and water in my little haven. Regardless it was another lesson in the unpredictable movements of fall birds. It was a much more relaxed flock or two today (no trouble breathing!) with fewer species but larger numbers of most of those species. To whit:

Osprey- unusual over my yard.

Red-eyed Vireo-about a dozen. And how do I know they were different birds from Thursday's? Easy. The rest of the flock was different!
Bay-breasted Warbler- at least four well-marked birds.

Magnolia Warbler- at least ten.

Blackburnian Warbler- two which sat on the ground for a minute.

Blackpoll Warbler- one.

Black-throated Green Warbler- at least 13.

This flock took over an hour to move through the yard and had only half the species but more individuals as on Thursday.

Robert A. Quinn
Merlin Wildlife Tours
603-746-2535 office
603-568-8582 cell

"Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons and daughters of the earth." Chief Seattle