Date: 9/1/17 4:59 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [de-birds] Ashland Nature Center (01 Sep 2017) 25 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 0 0

Total: 25 25 41

Observation start time: 07:30:00
Observation end time: 15:00:00
Total observation time: 7.5 hours

Official Counter: David Brown

Observers: Carol Spease, Hank Davis, Joe Russell, Joe Sebastiani,
Judy Montgomery, Kim Steininger, Steve Grunwald

Visitors:
9

Weather:
The day started cool with moderate north winds. The skies were partly sunny
increasing to nearly overcast. The winds calmed throughout the day.

Raptor Observations:
We had a nice mix of migrant raptor species for our first official day of
the count. The first migrant raptor was a male Northern Harrier that flew
directly over us.

A big thanks to Carol Spease who acted as data recorder all day.

Non-raptor Observations:
At least 2 Common Ravens, an Olive-sided Flycatcher perched in a bare tree
for most of the afternoon, Tennessee Warbler, 14 monarchs

Predictions:
Cool with scattered showers and moderate east winds.
List help: <DE-BIRDS-request...>

Join us on Facebook!