Date: 9/1/17 4:18 pm
From: Jack Daynes <jackdaynes...>
Subject: [obol] 2017-08-29 On The Road To Malheur NWR
Greetings from a traveling nature lover,

There are a lot of images connected with this story, one I could use
some help with.

There were two “happy accidents” on my early morning shoot at the
visitor center’s pond. One was a Barn Swallow that flew into the frame
while working on a Spotted Sandpiper. The other was a Wilson’s Snipe
that did likewise when I was working on Mule Deer. Sometimes it’s better
to be lucky than good.

At the Visitor Center I encountered a small flycatcher, always a
challenge for me to identify. Reviewing the images, I’ve called this
bird a Cordilleran Flycatcher (Empidonax occidentalis), but if I have
the ID right, it would be a bird that failed to read the range maps.
Willow Flycatcher would be a better call for the location, but I
couldn’t get comfortable making that call. Perhaps someone with better
skills than me could shed some light.

https://shadetreeimaging.com/2017-08-29-on-the-road-to-malheur-nwr/

Be well,

--