Date: 9/1/17 3:26 pm
From: Chuck Berman <cberman129...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose and LaBagh 9-1
A joined a handful of birders this morning 10 am-ish) at a pleasantly windy
and choppy Montrose Beach.
The beach was mainly populated with sanderlings, gulls and a Baird's
sandpiper.
Also, semipalmated sandpipers.
I saw a pair of Savannah sparrows at the beginning of the fishing pier.
At the Magic Hedge there were an adult red-headed woodpecker and two
juveniles in the bare tree at the south end. An olive-sided flycatcher took
turns to the top of the tree.
American redstart, Wilson's warblers, house finches, chickadee and an
overhead Cooper's hawk finished my morning.
Later, I went to LaBagh Woods. It was fairly quiet, though I did run into a
pockets of Nashvilles and magnolia warblers passing through. There were
other warblers I could not identify because of the foliage. There were a
dozen cedar waxwings by the bridge.

Here is the link a trio of photos of: the sanderling, olive-sided
flycatcher and the red-headed woodpecker.

Chuck Berman
Oak Park

Join us on Facebook!