Date: 9/1/17 12:13 am
From: Steve Jaggers <sjjag...>
Subject: [obol] Re: (Not Oregon) MEGA RBA: SWALLOW-TAILED GULL IN SEATTLE
Yes, I can help. Go into the park as far as you can on Carkreek Park road.Getting to that road was circuitous and "maps" on the phone was very useful.

Parking is by the playgrounds-large grassy area, restrooms. Look towards the water, there is a metal stair, pedestrian access structure. At the top of it look to the left, 100 yards ish is where the creek comes in. There will probably be many people with scopes and cameras visible there.

The bird hung around sleeping on the water, floated around quite a bit, preened and bathed and suddenly flew in to a roost that many other gulls use right in front of the birders! From other's comments this is more or less its usual pattern. We were there from 4-5:30 and saw it in all those circumstances.

Good Luck,

Steve Jaggers

> On August 31, 2017 at 11:03 PM David Heath <drheath82...> wrote:
>

> Looking at the map online is a bit confusing. So can anyone suggest where to park and what trail to take to most expeditiously get one to the best viewing site?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>

> On 8/31/2017 7:42 AM, Joshua Little wrote:
>
> > > Ryan Merrill just found and photographed a SWALLOW-TAILED GULL at Carkeek park in Seattle.
> > --
> > Joshua Little
> > http://littlebirder.blogspot.com/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlebirder/

Join us on Facebook!