Date: 8/31/17 10:45 pm
From: Diane Hichwa <dhichwa...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Vaux Swifts
Here at the coast we are seeing Vaux Swifts using a brick chimney at
Stewarts Point on Hwy 1.
Aug 11 I watching approximately 300 circling and milling around, then go
into the chimney (8:10-8:30).
We wondered if they were local birds gathering after nesting, or part of
early migration. Aug 11 the front chimney of the building had a nest with
young being fed (several times watched bird fly in, commotion of
youngsters, then bird flew out).
We watched Aug 12 and Aug 13 as well.
Aug 29 estimated 800 going into the chimney. (7:50-8:15). Watched on Aug
30 and Aug 31.

Are there other coastal sites?

Diane Hichwa

Email: <dhichwa...>

Telephone: 707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
707-483-3130 (cell)
More Tail Wagging!!! Less Barking!!
Millie 2007

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)