Date: 8/31/17 1:19 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [de-birds] Ashland Nature Center (31 Aug 2017) 16 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 0 0

Total: 16 16 16

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 14:00:00
Total observation time: 5.75 hours

Official Counter: David Brown

Observers: Bob Rufe, Carol Spease, Joe Sebastiani, Laura Miller,
Nina DePinto, Sally O'Byrne

Visitors:
9

Weather:
Warm and mostly sunny. Light winds most of the day picking up from the west
midday.

Raptor Observations:
Some migratory broad-winged hawks and ospreys. Numerous local
red-shouldered hawks and vultures all day

Non-raptor Observations:
A common nighthawk in the full sun of the morning was a treat. Also saw
multiple Baltimore orioles, eastern kingbirds, bobolinks, and cedar
waxwings.

Predictions:
Partly cloudy with moderate north winds and slightly cooler. Come join us
for the first official day of the count! My name is David Brown from
Montoursville, Pennsylvania and I am looking forward to meeting everyone
and having a great season as the official counter at Ashland for fall 2017.
List help: <DE-BIRDS-request...>

Join us on Facebook!