Date: 8/31/17 12:10 pm
From: mike rader <mike_rader...>
Subject: Roseate Spoonbill
Hi all,

Work took me to Dillon Nature Center today, so after I got what I needed, the staff (Mary Clark, Stephanie Carlson and Steve Kinser)and I made a quick run up to McPherson Wetlands to look for the Roseate Spoonbill. we ran into Harry Gregory over on 10th and he told us it was a mile west. We went over to 10th and Arrowhead and found the bird in the trees with several egrets and Little Blue Herons in the pond on the west side of 10th. It gave a brief good view, then went down to the water behind the trees, basically out of sight. This was between 11:00 am and 11:30 am on 8/31/17. I heard a calling Fish Crow just to the east of out location and we saw at least a dozen huge northern water snakes out sunning on some tree branches just out of the water. Some were bigger than Mary's arm! Pretty cool birds and other stuff there.

Mike Rader
Wilson and/or Pratt,??KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to