Date: 8/31/17 8:42 am
From: Mike Unger <unger730...>
Subject: [obol] SAS Minto-Brown Island Scouting Trip Report
*SAS Minto-Brown Island Park Scouting Report*

On Wednesday morning, Kay and I scouted Minto-Brown Island Park in
preparation for our Salem Audubon birding field trip on *Wednesday,
September 6th at 7:00 a.m*. We walked the south route over the bridge,
along the northwest side of the oxbow, along Homestead and through the
filbert orchard then south and around the golf course loop and back to
parking lot 3 with a quick check to the river. Remarkably quiet perhaps
due to the overnight weather change and only two pairs of eyes and ears. We
observed (saw or heard) 35 species.

The next field trip is the *Minto-Brown Island Park bird walk* on *Wednesday,
September 6th at 7:00 a.m.* Meet at Parking Lot #3. Please join us if
you can.

Fred Stephens Sr.

*Minto-Brown Island Park Checklist Summary for August 30, 2017*

*Identified Species: 35*

5 Wood Duck
2 Pied-billed Grebe
2 Great Blue Heron