Date: 8/31/17 6:51 am
From: <gchaden...>
Subject: Rusty Blackbirds
I see Rusty Blackbirds in late winter or early spring most years around our farm in Morris County, but I had never seen them during the fall migration until Tuesday. I saw about 20 birds in a tall cedar and verified through my binoculars they were Rusties. Further investigation led to discovery of many more feeding in a nearby soybean field. Ultimately I saw about 100 Rusty Blackbirds. I don't know what they were eating, as I couldn't see any insects on the beans where they were feeding. The flock was along Clarks Creek, 1 1/2 miles west of Latimer,-- Gary Haden, Manhattan

Sent from Windows Mail

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>