Date: 8/31/17 6:23 am
From: Chris Kubiak <ckubiak...>
Subject: Late Report (8-30) Common Nighthawks, Allegheny Co.
All,

Following up on several reports of large Common Nighthawk movements in
Western Pa yesterday-on my way home from Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in
Fox Chapel a couple minutes past 5 PM, I stopped at a gas station literally
200 yards down the road from Beechwood an observed at least 22 Common
Nighthawks (probably a dozen more just over the tree line) swirling about
over Fairview Elementary on Dorseyville Road. These birds were foraging just
over the school and near-by trees at a low height, and moved slowly towards
the Southwest and towards Beechwood.

Chris Kubiak| Director of Education

Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania

614 Dorseyville Road, Pittsburgh PA 15238

412-963-6100 ext. 12 | aswp.org

Connecting People to Birds and Nature Since 1916!

Join us on Facebook!