Date: 8/30/17 7:59 pm
From: DANIEL EDELSTEIN <danieledelstein...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] 1) Seasonal Sightings In Last Week; 2) New, 7th Edition: National Geographic Field Guide To The Birds Of N. America
Hello birders:

1) Sorry for the delay in noting the following common, yet interesting (to me) seasonal sightings/local occurrence:

> - 1 GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL, Shorebird Marsh (immediately north of Nordstrom’s/mall in Corte Madera, CA, Marin Co.)
> on 8/24
>
> - 6 WILSON’S WARBLER individuals seen in non-breeding area along the Graystone Trail in Graystone Canyon, S. Rafael,
> on 8/27 (This area is Marin Open Space land….and I’ve never noted the nesting presence of this common
> wood-warbler species in the 17 years I’ve visited, so seeing 6 individual in an hour on a 90-degree day was interesting.)
>
> - 7 species of common shorebird family members at low tide on the south side of Hwy. 37 where it meets Highway 121 (at the Sears Raceway intersection)
(I access this spot by parking on the immediately west side of the railroad tracks that are adjacent to the south side of Hwy. 37 at the stoplight (121 & 37 intersection). Note
there’s a driveway on the south side of this intersection that I access while heading east on Hwy. 37 after starting in Novato.):

> Western and Least Sandpiper
> Semipalmated Plover
> Long-billed Curlew
> Greater Yellowlegs
> Willet
> Marbled Godwit
>
> 2) On 9/17, the new, updated 7th Edition of the National Geographic Field Guide To The Birds Of N. America
> will be released.
>
> Excellent migration and subspecies maps.
>
> See this link, if you wish:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/1426218354/ref=rdr_ext_tmb <https://www.amazon.com/dp/1426218354/ref=rdr_ext_tmb>
>
> My book order is in…..:-)
>
> Regards,