Date: 8/30/17 6:24 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Nighthawk Reminder Wed 8-30-17
Hello Again Bird People,

Just a quick reminder that it's peak time for Nighthawk migration
(late August/early Sept) so don't forget to look for them in the near
future. I hadn't checked since 8-24 & didn't start looking tonight
until 7:25 p.m. Watched for 20 min from my front yard & saw 21
Nighthawks go by. Probably should have started sooner as that's an
average of 1 per min although they went by in bunches of
4, 5, 3, 3, 2 & 4 to total 21. Never once did a single Nighthawk go by
by itself.

Most, if not all, were high flyers so no close views but the evening's
highlight was a very fast, low flying small Bat that instead of flying
straight south "zig-zagged" overhead for about 4 min. All this to the
sound of many Cicadas & the sight of many fireflies lighting up close
by. Pretty interesting 20 min

Al Stokie
Checking out the evening sky in Park Ridge

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: