Date: 8/30/17 6:12 pm
From: Chad Witko <chadjwitko...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Westmoreland Common Nighthawks
Greetings,

Heading home tonight to Walpole from Keene, I was driving north on 12 when
I saw a large flock of Common Nighthawks foraging alongside the
intersection of Routes 12 and 63. Acting quickly I pulled onto 63 and
parked at the Stuart & John's Sugar House, which was closed and allowed for
unobstructed views. The initial flock, most of which were foraging just
above the adjacent fields, numbered at least 150 individuals. Over the next
30 mins another 150-200 nighthawks streamed overhead. Not the large numbers
others see, but not bad considering it was an incidental event.

Making my way to Walpole, I saw another small flock of nighthawks above the
bridge to Westminster and another 6 individuals above my apartment parking
lot.

Good birding,
Chad Witko
--
Chad Witko
www.chat-happens.com

"I came to believe birds are the most vivid expression of life. It made me
aware of the world in which we live."
Roger Tory Peterson