Date: 8/30/17 6:08 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] #200 for Sullivan County
This afternoon I hit my 200 species milestone in Sullivan County. Yesterday, Don Clark reported a PECTORAL SANDPIPER at the Charlestown WTP. Thankfully, Eric Masterson followed up on the report earlier today and found two birds there. So after work I flew over and found both birds feeding on the edge of one of the pools. According to eBird, there have been 16 species of shorebirds reported at this location. It is almost certainly THE shorebird hotspot in Sullivan County.
https://flic.kr/p/Y3QznX
https://flic.kr/p/YgbqeD

Also, I may have mentioned this before, but I've spoken to the staff at the plant personally and they welcome birders to walk around the plant, staying outside the fence of course. There are many signs that say no trespassing, but birders are free to pass. I had a police officer stop me once and ask why I walked right past the signs. Once I told him the staff was ok with birders visiting he left me on my way. Just keep in mind that the police may not know that birders are allowed to visit so don't be alarmed if you are approached.

Also, the Nighthawk movement this evening was fantastic. Between Sunapee and Charlestown I saw a lot birds flying over in several different spots. On Main Street in Charlestown there were well over 100 buzzing around. At the WTP there were many flying about but they all were moving north over the Connecticut River. Should be a great night for counting.
https://flic.kr/p/YgbmHF

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone