Date: 8/30/17 11:36 am
From: Stanley C Stahl <000000ccb896003a-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Lebanon County, Dowitchers
The pools at the junction of Prescott Rd. and Fox Rd. continue to attract a variety of shorebirds. Two dowitchers were together along with Lesser Yellowlegs and "peep" sandpipers. I took photos, but the resolution was too poor to see the tertial feather patterns clearly. Both appear to be juveniles, but one is larger and greyer than the other with a longer bill.I watched them from a grassy path along the pool toward the schoolhouse.  The shorebirds seemed to be spooked the most by the noisiest trucks. The school kids and buggies don't spook them too much. When they take flight, they often return to the same spots. Be careful birding here: the traffic is unrelenting.Stan Stahl

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Join us on Facebook!