Date: 8/30/17 11:30 am
From: Zachary Millen <zjmillen...>
Subject: Re: Alcoa Marsh shorebirds - Lancaster County
This morning I visited the dowitcher found by Daniel Hinnesbusch last
evening (assuming it's the same bird). Structurally. there are several
things that indicate LONG-BILLED to me, but I can't go into all the ID
points at this time. Most importantly, it is currently undergoing wing molt
and has dropped 4-5 of its innermost primaries. If this ABA article is
accurate, this is basically a slam dunk Long-billed ID point away from the
coast (see page 4): http://www.aba.org/birding/v37n4p380.pdf

I will post my photos and description to the eBird checklist this evening.
Please check back then if interested:

Zach Millen
Akron

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Daniel Hinnebusch <
<0000005fca6bddff-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> There was a nice little collection of shorebirds at Alcoa Marsh this
> evening, including a Short-billed Dowitcher (a new eBird species for this
> site), 5 Stilt Sandpipers, and nearly 40 Lesser Yellowlegs.
> Dan HinnebuschLancaster County

Join us on Facebook!