Date: 8/30/17 10:34 am
From: Joseph Verica <joeverica...>
Subject: Scotia Warblers
Dear Birders,

The last three mornings at Scotia have been spectacular!! It is no
exaggeration to say that the warblers have been overwhelming. At times I
have been unable to keep track of all the birds. Multiple large mixed
species flocks are moving throughout the barrens, primarily in the area
around the Big Sign down to the two parking lots just south of there. I
have seen near 20 species of warblers, including 20-30 individuals of CSWA,
MAWA and BLBW. Double digits of several others. Also lots of empid
flycatchers including both Least and Yellow-bellied. Philly Vireos as well.
Near sunset, there have been plenty of Common Nighthawks.

Here is a list of the warblers:

Ovenbird
Worm-eating Warbler
Blue-winged Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Hooded Warbler
American Redstart
Cape May Warbler
Northern Parula
Magnolia Warbler
Bay-breasted Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Pine Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler

Canada Warbler
Wilson's Warbler

Also saw a pretty big bear. I am guessing it was close to 300 lbs if not
more. Fortunately he was about 50 yrds away and heading in the opposite
direction. I thought about getting closer for a nice photos but I did not
want to become a candidate for the Darwin Awards. LOL!

Take care
Joe Verica

--

"If you listen to the thrush and hear a thrush, you've not really heard the
thrush. But if you listen to a thrush and hear a miracle, *then* you've
heard the thrush." - Zen Parable

Join us on Facebook!