Date: 8/30/17 6:19 am
From: Bill Stewart <bird-del...>
Subject: [de-birds] ~ REMINDER ~ Celebrate World Shorebirds Day with the ABA & DOS - Shorebird Trip - 9/3 BHNWR
THIS SUNDAY, SEPT 3rd !

You Are Invited!

In celebration of the World Shorebirds Day weeklong events, the American Birding Association and the Delmarva Ornithological Society will be hosting a shorebird field trip at Bombay Hook NWR from 8:30 to 11:30 AM on Sunday, September 3rd. The field trip will be led by a host of leaders from the DOS & ABA and the event is free, refuge daily fees are in effect. Bring your duck stamp for free entrance into the refuge. Need a Duck Stamp? - we have you covered right here > http://aba.org/stamp/ <http://aba.org/stamp/>

Be part of the international network of shorebird scientists, conservationists, and enthusiasts participating in the fourth annual World Shorebirds Day! https://worldshorebirdsday.wordpress.com <https://worldshorebirdsday.wordpress.com/> This event invites us all to celebrate and count shorebirds where we live, and raise awareness about the conservation issues they are facing around the world. Global shorebird counting, species awareness and building ID skills is the overall mission of World Shorebirds Day as well as learning about the habitats that sustain their amazing migration flights. The event is a wonderful opportunity for people of all skill levels to contribute to data on shorebird populations at sites worldwide and broaden their skill set on shorebird identification. With over 1200 sites participating worldwide, plan to be part of the fun while representing Delaware as a globally important shorebird migration region.

Participants should meet in the Nature Center parking lot around 8:15 and bring water and a snack plus bug spray.

Hope to see many of you there to celebrate our shorebirds along on their travels!

Bill Stewart
American Birding Association

Anthony Gonzon
Delmarva Ornithological Society