Date: 8/30/17 6:19 am
Subject: Bodie Island, NC
We visited the flooded lawns and meadows at Bodie Island Tuesday following
the tropical low that passed through Dare County. Lots of shore birds, more
yellow legs than I've even seen in one place. Also killdeer and dowagers.
Highlights were two white-rumped sandpipers and three stilt sandpipers
among the others. The lawn around the light house had about 50 or so white
ibis. Oregon Inlet flooded meadow had many yellowlegs and assorted
sandpipers, but no rarities that we saw.

If anyone is interested in Aransas National Wildlife Reguge (where whooping
cranes winter), please visit the website for The National Wildlife Refuge
Association for info about this refuge and others hit by Hurricane Harvey.
I've found this group to be reliable in helping to contact Congress about
wildlife concerns.

Linda Ward
Skip Hancock
Coinjock, NC