Date: 8/29/17 3:14 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Rumney Warblers, Trudeau Rd Crossbills...
This morning started early in foggy conditions at 6:50. A wave went through the birches and the rest of the yard. (Thanks to the dogs for needing a walk.)

2425 Buffalo Rd, West Rumney, Grafton, New Hampshire, US
Aug 29, 2017 6:50 AM - 7:05 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: Wave through the yard,
20 species (+1 other taxa)

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 2
Blue Jay 2
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 6
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
Black-and-white Warbler 2
Tennessee Warbler 1 white under tail coverts
Common Yellowthroat 2
American Redstart 1
Cape May Warbler 1 Fall plumage adult male
Northern Parula 1 spit eye ring, rusty band across yellow upper breast
Magnolia Warbler 1 white tail lights
Bay-breasted Warbler 1 brown blush through the flank
Blackburnian Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 3
Canada Warbler 1
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.) 10 movement was rapid and light was so-so
Song Sparrow 1
Indigo Bunting 2
American Goldfinch 4

Good start. On the way to DHMC (Routine visit) a Great Blue Heron flew right over us in Canaan.
11 AM at home warblers continued at the fountain and in the hawthorn:
Bay-breasted, Tennessee, Chestnut-sided, and a whole yard florish.

Of to Belin for car service: along i-93 in Campton a Double-crested Cormorant flew directly overhead.

Trudeau Road in Bethlehem: a half hour walk started with no birds in the fist 15 minutes to the wetlands by the duck box.
At that point I found two pairs of Red Crossbills. Along the way back I pished two flocks that had BC Chickadees, RB Nuthatches, 2 Am. Redstarts, 2 Blue-headed Vireos, 1 Golden-crowned Kinglet, 1 Nashville, 1 Bay-breasted, 2 Magnolia.

Bak at home at 4PM I walked in to the living room to view the fountain hosting a Tennessee, Chestnut-sided and a Cape May.
5:30 one more romp through the yard with more warblers… DINNER

John R Williams
Rumney