Date: 8/29/17 1:12 pm
From: Josiah Clark <josiah.clark621...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Mt lake migrants, etc
Spent a little time this am with Radar dog at mt lake park this am. Migrants present included a flock of 4 warbling and 1 Hutton's vireo. A hooded oriole in the willows and a belted kingfisher on the lake. I had a Townsend's and yellow warbler there a few days ago. During the nights of dense fog I had calling elegant terns and a barn owl over lake st. Nearby out of Linda mar Pacifica, about a mile offshore the next morning I had a short-eared owl emerge from the pea soup fog, looking uncomfortable as it shook off the moisture and intuited its way towards shore.
Luckily I had a compass and the close whale encounters were no closer than five feet. Up to 28 king salmon trolling from my kayak this season. The new hatchery programs have become a raging success. It's an extremely productive ocean out there. With so much seed around this fall I'm predicting a big season for sparrows.

Sent from gmy iPhone

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional