Date: 8/29/17 11:38 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Whimbrel, Warblers
Betsy and I checked the Lower Lake Road X Burgess Road hotspot early this
morning and had a WHIMBREL calling while flying over. It actually landed
very briefly in the plowed field before taking off and flying toward the
lake while calling. Shorebirds in the puddle were: 6 Semi. Plover, 2
Killdeer, 5 Least Sand, 30 Semi. Sand, and 4 Lesser Yellowlegs. We also
heard a Greater Yellowlegs.

At Golden Hill SP, we had ten species of warblers, including one MOURNING
and two BLUE-WINGEDS. Other birds of note were BROWN THRASHER and PURPLE
FINCH.

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna