Date: 8/29/17 7:10 am
From: Brian Taber via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Fall Programs / Coastal VA Wildlife Observatory
The 41st season of the Kiptopeke Hawkwatch at Kiptopeke State Park will begin Sept 1, with Hawkcounter Anna Stunkel returning. Last spring she conducted the Derby Hill Hawkwatch in upstate New York. Our Educator/Hawkwatch Intern is Olivia Amash, who will begin Sept 15, providing free presentations to visitors. Also starting Sept 15 is Clay Buffkin, returning as our Monarch biologist, who will be counting and tagging and also talking with visitors during point counts at the Hawkwatch platform. Programs operate daily, weather permitting, visitors are always welcome...if there are large groups coming, please let me know directly. Also, our 5th season of the Baywatch Waterbird Survey begins October 1st at Pickett's Harbor Natural Area Preserve, a mile north of Kiptopeke, which is not open to the public. Baywatch will be conducted by our Advisor and great friend, Ned Brinkley.

Brian Taber
Coastal Virginia Wildlife Observatory