Date: 8/29/17 6:20 am
From: Tina and Peter Green via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Westport Long-billed Dowitcher
Westport-Sherwood Island SP- Long-billed Dowitcher, a lone bird flew directly over my head and probably flew in off LI Sound ,while I was standing at the edge of the marsh just east of the model airplane field, and landed out in the marsh to my left.It was obviously a dowitcher by the relatively close views but the high pitched "kik-kik-kik-kik" calls confirmed the ID.I have not been able to locate it in the marsh and a Merlin hunting over the marsh is not helping. And neither is the falling tide.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone