Date: 8/28/17 10:23 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Cabin Lake
Yesterday, I visited the Cabin Lake bird blinds in Lake County
(http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2c5973_196682011d7a400a81cd702b37258e71.pdf).
There were at least 5 Cooper's Hawks working that area so action was
slow.  I heard a lot of crossbills but none came to the water in the two
hours I was there.  A few other passerines did show and I have a few
pics on my eBird report below.  The main reason I'm posting is to show
the group the very dark Cooper's Hawk I photographed.  I don't recall
ever seeing one so dark.  Pics at

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957