Date: 8/28/17 2:39 pm
From: greg hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Lighthouse Point
We had a few migrant raptors this morning at the hawk watch in New Haven - 3 Ospreys, 2 Northern Harriers and 1 Broad-winged Hawk. We actually had c 20 Ospreys but only three profiled as migrants (soaring very high, setting wings, moving SW). We also had 2 local Cooper's Hawks and 2 local Red-tailed Hawks. There was a modest morning flight on non-raptors - 170 Cedar Waxwings, 150 Red-winged Blackbirds, 75 Chimney Swifts, 70 Bobolinks,  8 Eastern Kingbirds, 4 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and 2 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
Thanks to Bill Banks and Tony Torotora (emeritus),
Greg HanisekWaterbury