Date: 8/28/17 10:09 am
From: Steve Compton <scompton1251...>
Subject: Re: Bicycle birding
Betsey,
About 12 years ago I rented a beach bike at the south end of Kiawah
and biked the approximately ten miles to the North end in order to see
a Snowy Plover, carrying my scope and tripod in an improvised
backpack. Tough going into the wind. And I saw and photographed the
bird, a lifer! Lot of fun, very good exercise.
Steve ComptonGreenville,SC
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE DroidOn Aug 28, 2017 10:47 AM, Betsy Kane
<carolinabirds...> wrote:

The responses to my "birding by bike" inquiry have been so very
interesting.¬ I will shortly compile/anonymize the range of
In the meantime if anyone wants to respond on how you are using
bikes to support your birding activities, I can include it when I
update. ¬
Thanks so much to everyone who has submitted this interesting
information.¬ I'm a bicycle transportation planner, so it is
great to learn more about this subset of bike use. ¬
Betsy KaneRaleigh¬
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Mary Tennessee <tapple50...>
wrote:

One of my favorite ways to bird. Use to do this at St. Marks
Wildlife Refuge in north FL. All flat and I could use a single
speed.

Delightfully sent from Suzanne's iPad

Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:

> I'm curious to learn how birders on this list have used
bikes when birding: getting to the field, traveling between
stops, carrying gear, in groups or solo, on bike-permitted
trails, etc.
> Do bikes figure prominently in your birding activities or
incidentally?¬ etc.

> Betsy Kane
> Raleigh

Join us on Facebook!