Date: 8/28/17 8:05 am
From: dawn v <d_villa...>
Subject: [obol] Swifts in Lincoln City
I've been seeing Vaux's Swifts flying by every day for the past week or
so. They are fly-catching as they go but appear to be heading south.
Seems like I'm seeing them more in the mornings when the winds are
calmer. This is a new "yard bird" for me (we've live here 8 years).
Some look like they are all-dark but if I get my bins on them I can
usuallly see some paleness underneath. They are like little cigars
with wings, barely any tail, very rapid wing-beats. Fun to watch. dawn
Lincoln City/Nelscott POST: Send your post to <obol...> JOIN
OR QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!