Date: 8/28/17 7:48 am
Subject: Re: Bicycle birding
The responses to my "birding by bike" inquiry have been so very
interesting. I will shortly compile/anonymize the range of responses and
report back to the listserv with a summary.

In the meantime if anyone wants to respond on how you are using bikes to
support your birding activities, I can include it when I update.

Thanks so much to everyone who has submitted this interesting information.
I'm a bicycle transportation planner, so it is great to learn more about
this subset of bike use.

Betsy Kane
Raleigh

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Mary Tennessee <tapple50...> wrote:

> One of my favorite ways to bird. Use to do this at St. Marks Wildlife
> Refuge in north FL. All flat and I could use a single speed.
>
> Delightfully sent from Suzanne's iPad
>

> > On Aug 27, 2017, at 6:08 AM, Betsy Kane (via carolinabirds Mailing List)
> <carolinabirds...> wrote:
> >
> > I'm curious to learn how birders on this list have used bikes when
> birding: getting to the field, traveling between stops, carrying gear, in
> groups or solo, on bike-permitted trails, etc.
> > Do bikes figure prominently in your birding activities or incidentally?
> etc.
> >
> > Betsy Kane
> > Raleigh

Join us on Facebook!