Date: 8/28/17 5:41 am
From: Kyle Wilmarth <kyle.wilmarth...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Baird's Sandpiper, World End Pond
Last night Amanda and I had a Baird's Sandpiper fly in to World End Pond -
another new bird for the pond and a new one for us in Salem.

It circled around us twice as we were sitting among other shorebirds. Most
notable was hearing the bird make a distinct 'whistle' call as it was
trying to find a place to land. Which it did do shortly after, though on a
distant edge. This marks the 16th species of shorebird at the pond!

Other highlights were 5 Pectoral Sandpipers and a Merlin.

Amanda Altena & Kyle Wilmarth
Plaistow, NH