Date: 8/27/17 11:04 pm
From: <condor262001...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Need ID Help Baird's Sandpiper
I went looking for the Baird's Sandpiper on Saturday and Sunday.
Took the Dirt Road (between dry and wet side of Santa Ana river area) 1/4 mile west
from the the Lakeview Bridge as noted in previous posts. Looked on the near shore of the wet side and saw many Yellowlegs and W Sandpipers. However, on Sunday one bird could have been a Baird's based on guidebook images and the observation that the wing feathers seem to extend past the tail. It looked different though from the image that Don Hoechlin posted a few days days ago from the same area. As I am not familiar with the bird I could easily have misidentified it. It would not be the first time. Any help would be appreciated. Not my best photo but here is the link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25876581@N00/36025590634/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/25876581@N00/36025590634/in/dateposted-public/

Jim Hecht
Hermosa Beach CA

Join us on Facebook!