Date: 8/27/17 9:23 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Yachats, went for the birds, stayed for the whales
What a stunning photo of the Wandering Tattler. Grey Whales summer from at least Boiler Bay to Yachats. I am trying to remember how many....maybe 130 or so. Summer is the best time to see the species very near shore. Agate hunting is best in winter, especially after a series of storms.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Aug 27, 2017, at 8:33 PM, Tim <timberwolf69...> wrote:
>
> Headed north to Yachats so the wife could get in some agate hunting therapy and me hopefully some birds. Got there and where surprised with a pod of Gray Whales feeding just off the shore break. The birds seemed pretty scarce at first but patience paid off and several types of shorebirds showed up. Along with the usual gulls and a lone Arctic Tern and an Osprey it was a great day. Except for the smoke you couldn't ask for a nicer day.
>
> Tim Gannon
> Reedsport
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/141358197@N06/albums/72157685693741894 <https://www.flickr.com/photos/141358197@N06/albums/72157685693741894>

Join us on Facebook!