Date: 8/27/17 7:07 pm
From: Tommy Stone <tomtazzstone...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Hummingbird v.s. Hooded Warbler in my yard.
While playing with my son T.J. in our back yard early this evening, I noticed a R.T. Hummingbird persistently chasing another small bird in our Dwarf Cherry tree. I went to investigate and get a closer look and was surprised to see it was a HOODED WARBLER! It briefly perched on our fence and was able to see the white edges on the tail and a faint hood.It appeared to be a 1st year female.The hummingbird continued to harass the H. Warbler and eventually drove it off.

Good birding,
Tommy Stone, Waterloo