Date: 8/27/17 6:05 pm
From: Mark J. Greenfield <markgreenfield...>
Subject: [obol] Lost Lagoon Farm Bird List for August 16-27
Below is my bird list for Lost Lagoon Farm, Gillihan Road, Sauvie Island, for the period of August 16-27. I will be away the last four days of this period, and I also missed three days for the eclipse, so total birding days during this half-month come to just 9. I identified 42 species during this period, with no unusual sitings. I saw a pair of Willow flycatchers hanging around near the Gilbert River two days ago, and a Black-headed grosbeak at a feeder this morning. Barn swallows and purple martins have fledged, but many still return to their nests as it gets dark.The most common birds here now seem to be Annas hummingbird, barn swallow, American goldfinch and Cedar waxwing. Recently I have begun seeing great egrets flying over more frequently.

Great blue heron
Great egret
Mallard
Wood duck