Date: 8/27/17 5:34 pm
From: <vic_warren...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Baird's Sandpiper continues
We walked up Imperial Beach this morning about 11 and found one Baird's foraging at water's edge just north of the second jetty, at YMCA Camp Surf. After about ten minutes, it flew, and we didn't see it when we came back about 40 minutes later. One bonus bird: Farther up the beach, past all the human activity, we got a Horned Lark in the sand up by the dunes. We headed over the dunes to look through the government fence and think we saw a Western Meadowlark on top of the fence, but it flew before we were sure.

Good birding,

Vic Warren and Laurel Scott
Mission Valley

Join us on Facebook!