Date: 8/27/17 5:27 pm
From: Alan Handley via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Arlington Chimney Swifts and Nighthawks
Just got back from watching the chimney swifts in the Arlington Forest
neighborhood. Numbers are developing nicely, but please note that they seem
to be preferring the chimney on 13th road (note road, NOT street) between
Walter Reed Drive and Edgewood Street. If they don't seem to be there I'm
sure the chimney at 16th street and Edgewood is worth checking.

Last night (Saturday) I stopped by the Air Force Memorial around 9 PM, and
was able to count at least a dozen nighthawks, which is the most I've seen.
Numbers dwindled from there, so I suspect there may have been even more
earlier.

Alan Handley
Arlington, Va