Date: 8/27/17 5:01 pm
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Rose-breasted Grosbeak at Massabesic Center
I took a short walk at Massabesic Audubon Center this morning, around
11:00 am. A bit late for birding, but I got a few nice
sightings. Cedar Waxwings, Phoebes, Catbirds were all in evidence,
along with Goldfinches, a House Wren, and other usual
suspects. However, the highlight was definitely the subject bird,
which materialized from nowhere while I was photographing some
flowers, and stayed long enough for me to get a couple of pictures of
it. Of which this is the best:

http://www.jwoolfden.com/images/birds/RBGR_young_male.jpg

As the picture name indicates, the faint hint of red on the chest
makes me think this was a juvenile male. Nice!

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH