Date: 8/27/17 4:05 pm
From: Jeff Smith <mrqmagoo13...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET DBC Trip to Momence/Pembroke
A group of twelve searched the H&E Sod fields and nearby ag fields Sunday morning. Highlights included 2 Buff-breasted sandpipers, Black-bellied and American Golden Plovers, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs and a lone Pectoral Sandpiper. The amount of acreage in sod production continues to decrease in the area. We did not check areas east of the main field to see if any sod was being grown. After lunch a drive through Pembroke did not produce any of their specialty birds. We briefly checked the two TNC properties only adding a few species to our day list best being Red- headed Woodpeckers.
eBird checklist for sod farm : http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38856405

Jeff Smith
Woodridge, DuPage Co.

Sent from my iPad