Date: 8/27/17 3:58 pm
From: 'Stephen Whitney' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bald Eagle High stepping at Jackson Pond
>> 8/27/2017 18:20
<nhbirds...>
"Stephen Whitney" <swhit_41...>
Subject: Bald Eagle High stepping at Jackson Pond

Jackson Pond Sunday morning, 8:30 AM
43.677356 -71.588184 {what Google maps accepts as correct coordinates}
As I arrive and watch from the car, an adult bald eagle is quietly sitting on the ground on the SE edge of the pond near the dam. As I watch he begins to high step about (no vegetation, obstruction or recent kill). Maybe he is indicating he sees me? A minute or so later, he flies off to the east, level flight over the pond.

Sky Pond
43.6680608 -71.5842736
This is an oligotrophic, small pond (14 acres plus, Jackson is 53 acres) known to fly fishermen and close to Jackson Pond. Great Blue Heron snack on trout here, and today was here, but not visible from the boat launch area. Walk about 100' South and you can see a cove on the N side.

**>> Mill Pond Ln, Ashland
43.693470, -71.634174
Great Blue Heron by the dam.
Catbird calls and flies into clear view in a nearby tree.