Date: 8/27/17 3:20 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Fern Ridge birds
I was at Royal avenue dikes from 6:45-10:15 today with Tristen Hynes and Gabriel Sandoval. Highlights first of season Lincoln's Sparrow, one Pectoral, one Semi Sand, one Redneck Phal.

Also maybe 300 Western sand, 8 Least, couple of hundred longbill dows and several shorts, plenty of greater and a few lesser legs, a few Semi plover, nice looks at two V rail.

Fun: adult redshoulder screaming in the general direction of the gh owl that continues to hunt in daylight at the south end of the dikes.

No black terns.

An imm junco continues just west of the gate. Family group of young purple finches feeding with the usual sparrows west of gate. migrant western tanager near the gate; at least two Swainson's thrushes calling south of the gate when we got there.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com