Date: 8/27/17 9:40 am
From: Terri Fratus <mizpah3149...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 8/26
After a full day of birding (juvenile Little Blue - a life bird, Green Heron, Great Blue Heron and a plethora of Cedar Waxwings (juveniles and adults) @ Pickering Ponds, Black-crowned Night Herons, Great Egrets and hundreds of juvenile Tree Swallows in Seabrook) I topped of the day with a stop in Exeter for the Buff-breasted Sandpiper. The Killdeer kept flushing the sandpipers so after an hour of waiting, I said, "Lord, I'll never find the Buff-breasted like this. I need some other birders here!" and walked out. I was delighted to see two more cars pull in with a couple from Rhode Island (Art and Sandi, I think) and Jeanne-Marie and her husband, Michael! We walked back out to the empty pool. I was surprised to see the Killdeer, Semipalmated Sandpipers and Plovers and the Least Sandpipers feeding quietly in the empty pool. We were quickly losing the light but after a few minutes, Jeanne-Marie spotted the Buff-breasted Sandpiper and I was able to capture a few nice shots. A four heron and a two life bird day! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111138445@N07/36844515835/in/dateposted-public/

Terri Fratus

Dover, NH

´╗┐Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. Psalm 62:8