Date: 8/27/17 9:22 am
From: Jim Hausman <englishhaus...>
Subject: OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER, Harrison Hills Park - Allegheny Co.
Hello All,

Bob Mulvihill and I took a young birder, Ricky P, to Harrison Hills Park in northeastern Allegheny Co. today to scout for Bob's upcoming Aviary field trip and to help Ricky learn his birds. The young man proved to be a good luck charm as we found an Olive-sided Flycatcher in the open second growth habitat between the soccer fields and the pond area at the south end of the park. It was a hatch year bird, but for me it represents an Allegheny Co. nemesis bird finally seen! It's been five years since I've seen one in PA despite seeing quite a few out west over the past few years.

Other highlights today included a gorgeous Canada Warbler, a 1st year Bald Eagle, several White-eyed Vireos, Ovenbirds, Hooded, Magnolia and Blackburnian Warblers, Scarlet Tanagers, a kettle of nearly 30 Turkey Vultures, a family group of Red-shouldered Hawks, Indigo Bunting, and more.

It was an awesome morning to be out and about! List and pics (to be added later) are linked below.

Good Birding,

Jim Hausman
Allegheny Co.

Join us on Facebook!