Date: 8/27/17 8:21 am
From: Derek C. Richardson <dcr...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Rocky Gorge/Supplee Park (PG County)

Migrants have been evident in the Laurel area the past few days, though
I've not been able to get out as much as I want. This morning at Rocky
Gorge by the reservoir I found 5 warbler species: Blue-winged,
Black-and-white, Am. Redstart, Magnolia, & Chestnut-sided. The other bird
of interest was a Brown Thrasher. Yesterday at Laurel Waterfront Park we
had a good look at a Canada Warbler.

Today's eBird checklist is below. Also had 6 Killdeer on the fields by
the dam.

Rocky Gorge Reservoir/Supplee Park, Prince George's, Maryland, US
Aug 27, 2017 8:48 AM - 10:23 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.2 mile(s)
Comments: Distance is one way. High cloud, light breeze, warm,
moderately humid. Most of the warblers were seen by the last power pylon
before the water. Also heard 1 rooster.
37 species

Canada Goose 30
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Turkey Vulture 1
Mourning Dove 3
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2
Chimney Swift 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 5
Downy Woodpecker 5
Eastern Wood-Pewee 3
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Red-eyed Vireo 5
Blue Jay 7
American Crow 7
Barn Swallow 2
Carolina Chickadee 15
Tufted Titmouse 7
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
House Wren 2
Carolina Wren 10
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Eastern Bluebird 3
American Robin 1
Gray Catbird 6
Brown Thrasher 1
Northern Mockingbird 1 maybe 2
European Starling 3
Blue-winged Warbler 1
Black-and-white Warbler 2
American Redstart 1
Magnolia Warbler 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Song Sparrow 1
Eastern Towhee 1
Northern Cardinal 16
Common Grackle 1
American Goldfinch 4
House Sparrow 5

View this checklist online at

Derek C. Richardson, Laurel, PG County, MD
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~dcr/personal.html