Date: 8/26/17 7:46 pm
From: Gina Nichol via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 8/26 -- Sandy Point, West Haven -- Whimbrel, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, 4 Bonaparte's Gulls
It was a lovely evening tonight at Sandy Point! I walked out toward the point
about two hours after high tide. The Buff-breasted was there and acting quite
nervous as there was a Peregrine on the sandbar. There were 4 first winter
Bonaparte's Gulls in with the 100 or so Laughing Gulls. There was a Whimbrel
that flew off as I arrived and another shorebird that I am trying to ID with the
help of the experts. In the meantime, report and a few photos on ebird.

Gina Nichol
Branford, Ct
www.sunrisebirding.com

Sandy Point Beach, New Haven, Connecticut, US
Aug 26, 2017 5:15 PM - 7:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.7 mile(s)
Comments: Walking out the beach toward the point. 2 hours + after high
tide.
23 species

Mute Swan 12
Double-crested Cormorant 6