Date: 8/26/17 6:56 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Good Bridgeville birds - Osprey, raven, nighthawks
Had two good birding experiences in Bridgeville today:

around 11:45, I was talking to someone in my parking lot, and noticed an Osprey circling over Chartier's Creek 1/4 mile away. Suddenly, a largish black bird flew into frame, right at the Osprey. Raven! The raven chased the Osprey first, then they began riding a thermal, close together. They then took turns playfully chasing each other. First Osprey I've had in Bridgeville in years.

tonight at dusk, a nighthawk hunting over Bank Street, and another over my parking lot in downtown Bridgeville. I haven't heard one or seen one here all year.

Cheers,

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Join us on Facebook!