Date: 8/26/17 6:26 pm
From: 'MikeBowen' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Common Nighthawks, downtown Bethesda, August 26
Birders in down-county Montgomery Co. or DC wanting to see Common Nighthawks in moth-like flight during their late-summer southward migration should consider visiting the intersection of Wisconsin Ave. and East-West Highway in Bethesda some evening soon. Gerry Hawkins, Pat Bradley, Anne Cianni and I had just left the new Q by Peter Chang restaurant on E-W Hwy. (terrific food) when Anne drew our attention to a flock of Nighthawks above two brightly lit office buildings between Round House Theatre (Waverly St.)and Wisconsin Avenue. We counted 21 for sure, but there could have been many more. We (naturally, being birders) had a scope at hand and enjoyed great scope looks. Good views from the sidewalk across from the theater and from Avondale St. off Wisc. Ave. north of the lit buildings.

Mike Bowen
Bethesda, Montgomery Bird Club