Date: 8/26/17 5:35 pm
From: John Liller <john.liller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Nighthawks in Grafton
My wife, Kim Kastler, and I stopped by Grafton High School briefly
(5:30-6:00) today to check for nighthawks. I checked there yesterday and
struck out completely. However, today was much better, as we had 4
different groups of nighthawks. Here is what we recorded:

Turkey Vulture (1)
Red-tailed Hawk (1)
Mourning Dove
COMMON NIGHTHAWK (176-186: we had groups of 72 (heading west), 70-75
(heading southwest after feeding over Lake Ripple), 5-10 (also feeding over
Lake Ripple before heading southwest), and 29 (heading north along the
Quinsigamond River). It was one of the best days that I have had at that
location, given the short amount of time that we were there.)
Chimney Swift (3)
Red-bellied Woodpecker (1)
PEREGRINE FALCON (1 flew in low right over us. It cam from the west and
ultimately headed north)
American Crow
American Robin
European Starling